In 2016, Italian kitchen furniture production increased by 3%, reaching a value of Eur 2.3 billion. The main driver was export that registered a robust growth of 4.6%.
In terms of manufactured units, production growth has been even higher (+3.7%): a relevant slice of that growth came from the mid-lower end of the market, in addition 85,000 units were manufactured in the luxury and upper end segment. That is what emerges from The Italian market for kitchen furniture. The new CSIL’s report, now at its 35th edition, provides estimated data on consumption, production and international trade of kitchen furniture for the years 2011-2016. The study in-depth analysis also covers kitchen furniture prices, marketing policies, distribution, the main players operating in the market as well as the value and weight of the built-in appliances on kitchen furniture supply.
Here, the main findings:
- In 2016, the Italian market for kitchen furniture amounted to a value of Eur 1,566 million at factory prices (Eur 3.5 billion at retail prices, including built-in appliances and VAT).
- Italy is the European second largest exporter of kitchen furniture: in 2016 Italian exports amounted to Eur 754 million.
- Export/production ratio peaked from 16% in 2000 to 22% in 2010 and over 32% in 2016.
- Average EBITDA in the kitchen furniture industry is around 6%.
- Top 4 players hold over 30% of the Italian production of kitchen furniture and around 38% of the Italian market.
If you wish to purchase the report click here